Bioprocess engineering principles [electronic resource]
- Pauline M. Doran.
- 2nd ed.
- [S.l.] : Academic Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 919 p.) : ill.
- Doran, Pauline M.
- Material and energy balances
- Physical processes
- Reactions and reactors.
- Publisher's Summary
- This welcome new edition discusses bioprocess engineering from the perspective of biology students. It includes a great deal of new material and has been extensively revised and expanded. These updates strengthen the book and maintain its position as the book of choice for senior undergraduates and graduates seeking to move from biochemistry/microbiology/molecular biology to bioprocess engineering. New to this edition: * All chapters thoroughly revised for current developments, with over 200 pgs of new material, including significant new content in: * Metabolic Engineering * Sustainable Bioprocessing * Membrane Filtration * Turbulence and Impeller Design * Downstream Processing * Oxygen Transfer Systems * Over 150 new problems and worked examples * More than 100 new illustrations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780122208515 20160609
- Biochemical engineering.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Doran, Pauline M. Bioprocess engineering principles. Waltham, MA : Academic Press, c2013 ( 9780122208515 )
- 012220851X (electronic bk.)
- 9780122208515 (electronic bk.)
- 9780080917702 (electronic bk.)
- 0080917704 (electronic bk.)