Western civilization in Africa : the gains and pains
- edited by Adegboyega Ajayi and SamueI Idowu Fabarebo.
- English, French. In English, with one contribution in French.
- Ibadan : Alafas Nigeria Co., c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 867 : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pristine Yoruba worldview and Western civilization : adaptation and change / Gboyega Ajayi & Abiodun Ajayi
- The Yoruba worldview and Westernization : the tenacity of magun magic / by Fabarebo S.I.
- Western civilization and its eroding effects on traditional behavioural disposition in Nigeria / by Fabarebo S.I.
- Western education and sustainable development in Africa : challenges, implications, and outcomes / by F.O. Afolabi
- Western civilization and its effects on African social institutions / Fasehun M.A.
- Western civilization and its impact on Yoruba traditional marriage institution / by Ojo, S.F. and and Ogunranti, J.I.
- The impact of globalisation on African morals and education / Akintunde, Samuel Akinrola
- Impact of Islam on Africa / by Zubair, S.S.
- The impact of Western civilization on Nigeria's cultural values : the problems and prospects / by Olowo, O.O. & Babayemi J.B.
- Beyond cultural fundamentalism : African oral traditions in the global age / by Faturoti, Olusegun Rotimi
- Impact of Western civilization on music culture : the Nigerian music experience / by Omotoso, Christopher Olurotimi
- The influence of westerners in present day Igbo masquerade and it's [sic] significance / by Nwanze Petronlla U.
- Western economic order and the underdeveopment of Africa : the Nigerian experience / by Obakoya, Tolani Timothy & Ilo, Moses I. Olatunde
- Trends in Western education and sustainable development in Nigeria / by Ajayi, Omoladun Joke & Aromolaran, O.F.
- High mortality rate in Africa : Western or traditional medicine to the rescue? / by Ayanleke Rotimi Akinwale
- Job orientation techniques in indigenous education among the Yoruba for youth empowerment / by O.A. Oyinloye
- Traditional games and sports as a springboard for sports development in Nigeria / by Adebayo A. Adedayo
- The place of creative arts in ancient African architecture / by Adebayo Olaoluwakiitan J. & Awosika O. Seyi
- Refined foods as gateway to health breakdown : need to revert to traditional food culture / by A.A. Izuagie
- African food, African medicine, and prolongation of life / by Brownson Mopelola & Olugbamigbe, A.O.
- Indigenous technology : a mandate for sustainable economic development in Africa / Ojewumi, Johnson Sunday & Salami, Adebayo Taofeek
- Mis-conceptions about Igbo women in the changing cultural values / by Elizabeth Ihuoma Umeh and Mbata, Carolyn O.
- Westernization and devaluation of African values : a case of the extended family structure in the Yoruba speaking areas of Nigeria / by M.S. Jayeola-Omoyeni
- Motorized soil tillage system in Nigeria, a blessing or a curse? / by Adedeji O.A., Ayeni L.S & Adeleye E.O.
- Western education and its effects on Nigerian children's traditional education / by Amosun, Moses Dele and Ikuenomore, Mosunmola Grace
- Mass media and systematic re-colonization of Africa / by E.R. Adesanwo
- Nigeria's socio-political challenges : the effects of culture amalgamation / Umeh Elizabeth Ihuoma & Henry Okoroafor
- Impact of Western culture on African traditional religions / by Ademiluyi, Francis Adenikan
- Effects of Western civilization on the Nigerian family / by Agali Paullina Obioma
- The socio-linguistic implication of the policy of "no English no relevance" in Africa : the Nigeria experience / by Bola Akinola
- Impact of Christianity on the people of South Western Africa / Z.O. Ogunwole
- The pains of colonization and the gains of Western civilization in Francophone West Africa as reflected in Ville cruelle of Eza Boto / by Falade J.O. and Olowolagba C.C.
- Westernization and the devaluation of African values : a counselling perspective / by Adeyemi Idowu & Adegoke Okeowo
- Influence of Western civilization and culture on indigenous science and technology for sustainable development in Africa / by Eyiowuawi S.A., Oyenuga O.H., and Akpotor, O.
- Yoruba Nation's cultural metamorphosis / by Ajao, Tayo Taiwo
- The pains of colonization and the gains of civilization : highlights in selected prose / by Fasinu, G. Olusegun & Adewuyi, J.A.
- The new media popularising Hausa culture : the instance of SMS clips
- aural and visual / by Halimatu Dogara Abbas
- A la découverte du mystère africain à travers Jusqu'au seuil de l'iréel d'Amadou Kone / par Alfa-Olasunkade Mustapha
- Modernism and Nigerian dressing culture : blessing or curse? / by Awosika, Bridget Itunu
- Learning materials and African culture in Nigerian French classes / by Adegua Francisca Folake
- The image of twins (ibeji) in Ifa literary corpus / by S.M. Raji
- Marriage culture in Hausaland / by Shuaibu, A. & Uba, A.
- Language factor in Igbo kolanut culture / by Chukwu Austin O.
- The influence of the church on the Nigerian polity : an appraisal / by Gboyega Ajayi
- Semantic overhaul of some English lexical items in the African context / by Yemi Ogunsiji
- Mathematics and religion : the point of intersection / by S.O. Olagunju & F.A. Akinseye
- Verbal arts as potent weapon for inculcating the values of civic responsibilities in traditional Yoruba society / by D.A. Falade & S. Adejubee
- HIV/AIDS as predictor of high mortality rate among adolescents with special needs in Osun State, Nigeria / by Adegoke, Funmilayo Florence & Isaiah Ojo
- Evaluation of Western education in Nigeria / by M.O. Ogunboyede
- Art symbols and icons as cultural ethos on residential buildings in Akure in the 20th century / by Igbaro Joe.
- Publication date
- Papers from an international conference sponsored by Adeyemi College of Education and held in 2010.
Browse related items
Start at call number: