Priceless : the case that brought down the Visa/Mastercard bank cartel
- by Lloyd Constantine.
- New York, NY : Skyhorse Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 264 p. ; 23 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KF229 .W35 C66 2012||Unknown|
- Constantine, Lloyd.
- Prologue: An expensive dinner for MasterCard
- Opening statement
- The cartel revealed
- Going private
- Wal-Mart, the double-edged sword
- The teams line up
- The tide turns
- The United States hitches a ride
- Merchants become five million
- Unsealing the shark7
- Double jeopardy
- Visa/Mastercard's Hail Marys
- Preparing for trial
- Breaking the deadlock
- Closing statement
- 2012 : motion to reconsider.
- Publisher's Summary
- Lloyd Constantine gives us the insider's story on the biggest antitrust lawsuit in history, a case that pitted his small firm against financial-industry giants Visa and MasterCard, along with Clifford-Chance, the largest law firm in the world. Combining the real-life legal drama of "A Civil Action" with the relentless pace of a John Grisham novel, Constantine delivers the account of a case that made history and will be studied for years to come. "Priceless" travels from corporate backrooms to the courtroom to capture one of America's biggest triumphs in the high-stakes world of antitrust litigation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Wal-Mart (Firm) > Trials, litigation, etc.
- VISA U.S.A., Inc. > Trials, litigation, etc.
- MasterCard International Incorporated > Trials, litigation, etc.
- Point-of-sale systems industry > Law and legislation > United States.
- Antitrust law > United States.
- Credit cards > Law and legislation > United States.
- Debit cards > Law and legislation > United States.
- Stored-value cards > Law and legislation > United States.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Case that brought down the Visa/Mastercard bank cartel
- Includes index.
- 9781616083755 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1616083751 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: