Let's build : strong foundations in language, math, and social skills
- Pamela C. Phelps.
- Lewisville, NC : Gryphon House, c2012.
- Physical description
- vi, 134 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1139.35 .A37 P44 2012
- Unknown LB1139.35 .A37 P44 2012
- Phelps, Pamela C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 122-131) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This title helps you engage children and help them learn with meaningful constructive play. It includes: Our Families and Ourselves; Winter and Winter Animals; Large Buildings; The Ocean and Ocean Life; Wild Animals; Ways to Travel; and more. Blocks are a key teaching tool in any early childhood program. Through well-planned, teacher-supported block play experiences, young children can develop build math, language, and social skills while using their imaginations and boosting their creativity. Let's Build provides educators of young children with guidance in how to create early childhood environments that support children's natural need to play. It includes strategies for creating and scaffolding the block play experience, recommends children's books that support the learning, and outlines ways to match behaviors, content, and concepts to learning standards.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date