Improving large-scale assessment in education : theory, issues and practice
- edited by Marielle Simon, Kadriye Ercikan, and Michel Rousseau.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 298 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .I467 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction Marielle Simon, Kadriye Ercikan and Michel Rousseau I. Assessment Design, Development And Delivery 2. Large-scale assessment design and development for the measurement of student cognition Jacqueline P. Leighton 3. Role and Design of Background Questionnaires in Large-scale Assessments Ruth A. Childs and Orlena Broomes 4. Student Motivation in Large-Scale Assessments Christina van Barneveld, Sherri-Lynne Pharand, Lori Ruberto, and Daphne Haggarty 5. Computer-Based and Computer-Adaptive Testing Richard M. Luecht II: Assessing Diverse Populations 6. Academic Assessment of English Language Learners: A Critical Probabilistic, Systemic View Guillermo Solano-Flores and Martha Gustafson 7. Score Comparability of Multiple Language Versions of Assessments Within Jurisdictions Kadriye Ercikan, Marielle Simon, and Maria Elena Oliveri 8. Accommodating Special Needs for Large-scale Assessments Leilani Saez, Elisa Jamgochian, and Gerald Tindal III. Scoring, Score Reporting And Use Of Scores 9. Scoring issues in large-scale assessments Maria Elena Oliveri, Britta Gundersen-Bryden, and Kadriye Ercikan 10. Standard Setting: Past, Present and Perhaps the Future Robert W. Lissitz 11. From "Here's the Story" to "You're in Charge": Developing and Maintaining Large-scale Online Test and Score Reporting Resources April L. Zenisky and Ronald K. Hambleton 12. Making Value-Added Inferences from Large-Scale Assessments Derek C. Briggs IV. Psychometric Modeling And Statistical Analysis 13. Complex Person and Item Sampling: Implications for Analysis and Inference Jessica L. Mislevy, Laura M. Stapleton, and Andre A. Rupp 14. Taking Atypical Response Patterns into Account:A Multidimensional Measurement Model from Item Response Theory Gilles Raiche, David Magis, Jean-Guy Blais, and Pierre Brochu 15. Missing data: Issues and Treatments Michel Rousseau 16. Measurement and Statistical Analysis Issues with Longitudinal Assessment Data Bruno D. Zumbo, Amery D. Wu and Yan Liu.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415894562 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Large-scale assessments (LSAs) play a growing role in education policy decisions, accountability, and education planning worldwide. This book focuses on central issues that are key components of successful planning, development and implementation of LSAs. The book's main distinction is its focus on practice- based, cutting-edge research. This is achieved by having chapters co-authored by world-class researchers in collaboration with measurement practitioners. The result is a how-to book whose language is accessible to practitioners and graduate students as well as academics. No other book so thoroughly covers current issues in the field of large-scale assessment. An introductory chapter is followed by sixteen chapters that each focus on a specific issue. The content is prescriptive and didactic in nature but based on the most recent scientific research. It includes successful experiences, exemplary practices, training modules, interesting breakthroughs or alternatives, and promising innovations regarding large-scale assessments. Finally, it covers meaningful topics that are currently taking center stage such as motivating students, background questionnaires, comparability of different linguistic versions of assessments, and cognitive modeling of learning and assessment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415894562 20160610
- Publication date
- 9780415894562 (hbk.)
- 0415894565 (hbk.)
- 9780415894579 (pbk.)
- 0415894573 (pbk.)
- 9780203154519 (ebk.)
- 0203154517 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: