Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PR6068 .O93 H37 1999||Unknown|
|PR6068 .O93 H37 1999||In process|
- 1 The Boy Who Lived 1
- 2 The Vanishing Glass 18
- 3 The Letters from No One 31
- 4 The Keeper of the Keys 46
- 5 Diagon Alley 61
- 6 The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters 88
- 7 The Sorting Hat 113
- 8 The Potions Master 131
- 9 The Midnight Duel 143
- 10 Halloween 163
- 11 Quidditch 180
- 12 The Mirror of Erised 194
- 13 Nicolas Flamel 215
- 14 Norbert The Norwegian Ridgeback 228
- 15 The Forbidden Forest 242
- 16 Through the Trapdoor 262
- 17 The Man with Two Faces 288.
- Publisher's Summary
- Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley - a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry - and anyone who reads about him - will find unforgettable.For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780590353427 20160609
- Witches > Fiction.
- Wizards > Fiction.
- Magic > Fiction.
- Schools > Fiction.
- England > Fiction.
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) > Fiction.
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) > Juvenile fiction.
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) > Juvenile fiction.
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) > Juvenile fiction.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) > Juvenile fiction.
- Witches > Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards > Juvenile fiction.
- Magic > Juvenile fiction.
- Schools > Juvenile fiction.
- England > Juvenile fiction.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Harry Potter ; year 1
- "First Scholastic trade paperback printing, September 1999"--T.p. verso.
- Originally published: 1st American ed. New York : A.A. Levine Books, 1998.
- "Year 1"--Spine.
- Sequel: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- 059035342X (pbk.) : $5.99
- 9780590353427 (pbk.)
- 0606170979 (Reinforced Binding)
- 9780606170970 (Reinforced Binding)
Browse related items
Start at call number: