Creative educational leadership : a practical guide to leadership as creativity
- Jacquie Turnbull.
- London ; New York, NY : Bloomsbury Academic, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 175 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .T87 2012||Unknown|
- Turnbull, Jacquie.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -167) and index.
- Acknowledgements \ Introduction: The Case for Creativity \ Part I: Tensions and Challenges \ 1. The Changing Nature of Learning for Work \ 2. Work - Who We Are or What We Do? \ 3. Schooling as a System \ 4. Education as Preparation for Work and Life \ 5. Seeking Solutions in Leadership as Creativity \ Part II: The Practice: Inspire, Motivate, Grow \ 6. The Context - Creating the Environment for Creativity \ 7. Inspire: Visions and Values \ 8. Motivate: Relationships \ 9. Grow: Personal Qualities \ Bibliography \ Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441172112 20160610
- Acknowledgements-- Introduction: The Case for Creativity-- Part I: Tensions and Challenges-- 1. The Changing Nature of Learning for Work-- 2. Work - Who we are or What we Do?-- 3. Schooling as a System-- 4. Education as Preparation for Work and Life-- 5. Seeking the Seeds of a Solution in Creativity-- Part II: Leadership as Creativity in Action-- 6. Context - Creating the Environment for Creativity-- 7. Values - Creating Meaning-- 8. Creating Meaningful Relationships-- 9. Personal Qualities of the Creative Leader-- 10. A Way Forward - Leadership as Creativity-- References and Further Reading-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441167743 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Creativity is now essential in a global economy, for business, and for the benefit of society. To enable young people to flourish in an uncertain future, education needs to acknowledge creativity as an essential life skill rather than restricting it to activities of a broadly artistic nature. This book helps educational leaders to identify the tensions within education systems that hinder the development of creative capacity and may influence decision-making towards pragmatic rather than creative solutions. In order to develop creative capacity, leadership itself needs to be a creative action to resolve limitations, and to develop original solutions to the challenge of educating for work and life in the twenty-first century. Recognising the vital importance of creativity to young people facing a rapidly changing world, Jacquie Turnbull reveals how, in highly effective leadership, a unique combination of values, relationships and personal attributes enables creativity. Packed with examples of successful practice, the book challenges you to build creative capacity - within staff teams and for young people - and to develop as a creative leader yourself.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441167743 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781441167743 (pbk.)
- 1441167749 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: