Enlivening secondary history : 50 classroom activities for teachers and pupils
- Peter Davies and Rhys Davies.
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- x, 209 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|D16.2 .D233 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 208-109).
- Acknowledgements Introduction How to Use the Book Section 1. 1. Propaganda Posters 2. Convert a Text 3. Charts and Diagrams 4. Introductory Images 5. Class Craft 6. Freeze Frame 7. Draw a Concept 8. Coloured History 9. Devise a Board Game 10. Annotation Section 2. 11. Translation 12. Numbers and Letters 13. Worksheet Questions 14. The Debate 15. Slogans and Logos 16. Dream Figures 17. Isolation 18. Roleplay Predictions 19. Implications 20. Newspaper Headlines Section 3. 21. Connections 22. Ideas on Trial 23. Optical Illusions 24. Root Ideas 25. National Territory 26. Collage 27. Exploring Dilemmas 28. Spatial Mapping 29. Theory and Practice 30 .Genealogies Section 4. 31. Your Turn Next 32. Questions, Questions 33. Hot-Seating 34. Three of a Kind 35. Caption Challenge 36. Graffiti Galore 37. Card Groups 38. Document Drama 39. Blueprint 40. Post-It Wall Section 5. 41. Simulation 42. Question Time 43. Group Roleplay 44. House of Fun 45. Treble Chance 46. Set Oral Roles 47. Hard Talk 48. Ideas and Concepts 49. The Courtroom 50 .Press Releases.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415678322 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Enlivening Secondary History is the ideal handbook for busy history teachers who want to do something different in their classrooms, but have little time to plan and organise their lessons. Featuring tried-and-tested practical ideas complete with relevant exemplars and step-by-step advice, this best-selling book is a compendium of creative activities to enhance your lessons. For the 11-19 age range, each activity includes links to important topics including the Crusades, the Reformation, the world wars, the Russian Revolution and many more. All the ideas are explained in a clear, user-friendly style, with a breakdown of the time and resources needed for each one. Featuring a brand new expanded section about teaching history through role play, this book also covers: * Visuals - picturing the past * Numerical data - adding interest * Concepts - making them real * Primary texts - bringing them alive. Written by practitioners for practitioners, Enlivening Secondary History helps teachers to bring history alive in an imaginative way. It will be an indispensible guide for both experienced and student teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415678322 20160609
- Publication date
- 9780415678339 (cloth)
- 0415678331 (cloth)
- 9780415678322 (paper)
- 0415678323 (paper)
- 9780203113004 (ebk.)
- 0203113004 (ebk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: