Probe revisited : a report on elementary education in India
- Anuradha De ... [et al.].
- New Delhi : Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- x, 116 p. : ill. ; 28 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|LA1152 .P76 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -116).
- LIST OF TABLES AND FIGURES-- 1. THE STRUGGLE TO LEARN-- 2. ELEMENTARY EDUCATION: RECENT DEVELOPMENTS-- 3. THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT AT PRIMARY STAGE-- 4. THE FAMILY OF THE PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILD-- 5. UPPER-PRIMARY SCHOOLING IN THE PROBE STATES-- 6. THE ONGOING SCHOOLING REVOLUTION IN HIMACHAL PRADESH-- 7. CONCLUSION-- BIBLIOGRAPHY.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198071570 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Coming a decade after the first Public Report on Basic Education (PROBE), this report is written from the perspective of those who despite yearning for good quality education find themselves excluded from learning and acquiring decent education. The data is based on the findings of a survey conducted in 2006, along the lines of an earlier survey conducted by PROBE in 1996 - it 'revisited' the same sample villages covering schools and households, with some modifications. Apart from basic and primary education, this report looks at upper-primary schooling in Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan, and in Himachal Pradesh. It highlights major progress in areas such as schooling facilities and enrolment rates. At the same time, it finds that fundamental problems remain, such as low classroom activity, poor quality of education, and discrimination due to social disparities in schooling opportunities. It is an indispensible tool for educationists, planners and policymakers, funding agencies, NGOs, and researchers across the social sciences and all those concerned with elementary education in India.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198071570 20160609
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Report on elementary education in India
- Accompanied by a CD-ROM containing the original Public report on basic education in India (PROBE) by the PROBE Team.
- Included Work
- Public report on basic education in India.
- 9780198071570 (pbk.)
- 0198071574 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: