Cross-border insolvency : a commentary on the UNCITRAL model law
- general editor Look Chan Ho.
- 3rd ed.
- London : Globe Law and Business, c2012.
- Physical description
- 655 p. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|K7510 .C76 2012||Unknown|
- Look, Chan Ho.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Overview / Look Chan Ho
- Australia / Scott Atkins, Rosalind Mason
- British Virgin Islands / Phillip Kite
- Canada / Steven Golick, Marc Wasserman
- Cayman Islands / Tony Heaver-Wren, Jeremy Walton
- Colombia / Luis Alfredo Barragán-Arango, Susana Hidvegi-Arango
- England / Look Chan Ho
- Greece / Dimitris S. Passas, Vassilis G. Saliaris
- Japan / Shin Abe
- Mauritius / Malcolm Maller
- Mexico / Pablo Perezalonso
- New Zealand / Sean Gollin
- Poland / Michał Barłowski
- Romania / Alexandru Lefter, Laurentiu V. Pachiu
- Scotland / Hamish Patrick
- Serbia, Montenegro / Tamara Bubalo, Bojan Vuckovic
- South Africa / Rachel Kelly, Claire van Zuylen
- South Korea / Chiyong Rim
- United States / Selinda A. Melnik.
- Publisher's Summary
- Cross-border insolvency is an increasingly topical issue and cross-border insolvency practice continues to develop rapidly. Cross-Border Insolvency: A Commentary on the UNCITRAL Model Law (Third Edition) is an updated, enhanced edition covering the national implementation of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency. Written by specialists from each jurisdiction, this new edition provides an in-depth, article-by-article analysis of the local enactment and application of the model law in each of the jurisdictions concerned, alongside consideration of the relationship between the model law and any existing cross-border insolvency jurisprudence. Each chapter adopts essentially the same format for ease of reference, addressing key concepts such as the centre of main interests, court-to-court communication, enforcement of security interests and the protection of debtors and creditors. New to the third edition are chapters on Colombia, Greece, Mauritius, Scotland and Slovenia, and in-depth analysis of recent case law such as the landmark US and UK decisions in Condor Insurance and Stanford. This major new edition is an invaluable guide to the local application and comparative analysis of the model law for anyone dealing with cross-border insolvency issues. Lawyers in private practice or in-house, insolvency practitioners, government authorities, academics and students will find this expanded edition an essential addition to their library.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781905783526 20160609
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Commentary on the UNCITRAL model law
Browse related items
Start at call number: