Gardner's art through the ages : a global history
- Fred S. Kleiner.
- 14th ed.
- Australia ; United States : Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxix, 1,184 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps, ports. ; 30 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|N5300 .G25 2013 F||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 1103-1121) and index.
- Introduction. 1. Art before History. 2. Mesopotamia and Persia. 3. Egypt under the Pharaohs. 4. The Prehistoric Aegean. 5. Ancient Greece. 6. The Etruscans. 7. The Roman Empire. 8. Late Antiquity. 9. Byzantium. 10. The Islamic World. 11. Early Medieval Europe. 12. Romanesque Europe. 13. Gothic Europe. 14. Late Medieval Italy. 15. South and Southeast Asia before 1200. 16. China and Korea to 1279. 17. Japan before 1333. 18. Native Arts of the Americas before 1300. 19. Africa before 1800. 20. Late Medieval and Early Renaissance Art in Northern Europe. 21. The Renaissance in Quattrocento Italy. 22. Renaissance and Mannerism in Cinquecento Italy. 23. High Renaissance and Mannerism in Northern Europe and Spain. 24. The Baroque in Italy and Spain. 25. The Baroque in Northern Europe. 26. Rococo to Neoclassicism: The 18th Century in Europe and America. 27. Romanticism, Realism, Photography: Europe and America, 1800 to 1870. 28. Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Symbolism: Europe and America, 1870 to 1900. 29. Modernism in Europe and America, 1900 to 1945. 30. Modernism and Postmodernism in Europe and America, 1945 to 1980. 31. Contemporary Art Worldwide. 32. South and Southeast Asia, 1200 to 1980. 33. China and Korea, 1279 to 1980. 34. Japan, 1336 to 1980. 35. Native Arts of the Americas, 1300 to 1980. 36. Oceania. 37. Africa, 1800 to 1980.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781111771157 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- The 14TH EDITION of GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES provides you with a comprehensive, beautifully-illustrated tour of the world's great artistic traditions! Easy to read and understand, the fourteenth edition of the most widely-read art history book in the English language continues to evolve, providing a rich cultural backdrop for each of the covered periods and geographical locations, and incorporating new artists and art forms -- all reproduced according to the highest standards of clarity and color fidelity. A complete online environment, including all images and an eBook, is also available. The unique Scale feature will help you better visualize the actual size of the artworks shown in the book. A new timeline within each chapter, along with "The Big Picture" overviews at the end of every chapter, will help you review for exams.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780495915423 20160608
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Art through the ages
- 9780495915423 (student ed.)
- 0495915424 (student ed.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: