Universal design for learning in the classroom : practical applications
- edited by Tracey E. Hall, Anne Meyer, David H. Rose.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 156 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1031 .U52 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hall, Meyer, Rose, An Introduction to Universal Design for Learning: Questions and Answers. Lapinski, Gravel, Rose, Tools for Practice: The Universal Design for Learning Guidelines. Gordon, Proctor, Dalton, Reading Strategy Instruction, Universal Design for Learning, and Digital Texts: Examples of an Integrated Approach. Vue, Hall, Transforming Writing Instruction with Universal Design for Learning. Forest Price, Johnson, Barnett, Universal Design for Learning in the Science Classroom. Murray, Brookover, Universal Design for Learning in the Mathematics Classroom. Robinson, Meyer, Doing History the Universal Design for Learning Way. Glass, Blair, Ganley, Universal Design for Learning and the Arts Option. Rose, Gravel, Domings, Universal Design for Learning "Unplugged": Applications in Low-Tech Settings. Ayala, Brace, Stahl, Preparing Teachers to Implement Universal Design for Learning.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Clearly written and well organized, this book shows how to apply the principles of universal design for learning (UDL) across all subject areas and grade levels. The editors and contributors describe practical ways to develop classroom goals, assessments, materials, and methods that use UDL to meet the needs of all learners. Specific teaching ideas are presented for reading, writing, science, mathematics, history, and the arts, including detailed examples and troubleshooting tips. Particular attention is given to how UDL can inform effective, innovative uses of technology in the inclusive classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781462506316 (pbk.)
- 1462506313 (pbk.)
- 9781462506354 (hardcover)
- 1462506356 (hardcover)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: