Assessing 21st century skills : a guide to evaluating mastery and authentic learning
- Greenstein, Laura.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 243 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
LB3051 .G715 2012
- Unknown LB3051 .G715 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-236) and index.
- List of Figures Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: A Synthesis of 21st Century Skills Chapter 3: Assessment Fundamentals Chapter 4: Assessment Strategies Chapter 5: Assessing Thinking Skills Chapter 6: Assessing Actions Chapter 7: Assessing Skills for Living in the World Chapter 8: Multipurpose Assessments Chapter 9: Moving Assessment Into the 21st Century Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Common Core State Standards clearly define the skills students need for success in college and the 21st century workplace. The question is, how can you measure student mastery of skills like creativity, problem solving, and use of technology? Laura Greenstein demonstrates how teachers can teach and assess 21st century skills using authentic learning experiences and rigorous, varied assessment strategies. Based on the best ideas of renowned experts in education, this book provides a framework and practical ideas for measuring Thinking skills: critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and metacognition Actions: communication, collaboration, digital and technological literacy Living skills: citizenship, global understanding, leadership, college and career readiness Included are numerous rubrics and checklists, a step-by-step model for developing your own classroom assessments, a lesson planning template, and sample completed lesson plans. Assessing 21st Century Skills gives you the tools and strategies you need to prepare students to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Laura Greenstein.
- 9781452218014 (pbk.)
- 1452218013 (pbk.)