Evidence-based strategies for leading 21st century schools
- Lynne Schrum, Barbara B. Levin ; Foreword by Keith Krueger.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, ©2012.
- Physical description
- xxii, 167 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.5 .S354 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword by Keith Krueger Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. A Path to a 21st Century Education: The Role of Vision and Mission 2. Implementing the Vision: What Is Leadership in a 21st Century School? 3. What About the Pipes, Wires, and More? Planning and Supporting Technology in 21st Century Education 4. Supporting 21st Century Educators' Efforts: Models of Professional Development to Support Change 5. What Does a 21st Century Classroom Look Like? How Curriculum and Instructional Practices Change 6. Setting the Stage: The Importance of Attending to School Culture 7. Ideas About Funding 21st Century Technology Initiatives: Tools, Options, and Resources 8. Reaching Out to Parents, Families, and the Community: Creating Partnerships Is a Win-Win Proposition References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Today's educational environment is a complex interplay of goals, needs, competing requirements and pressures, and dwindling resources. School leaders have responsibility for creating an educational environment that improves student outcomes, prepares them for their futures, and supports opportunities for all. This book offers school and district leaders with leader-tested strategies, exemplars, and practical advice based on the authors' current research of award-winning schools that showcase leadership for the 21st century. This book provides examples of how a 21st century school looks, plans, uses data, and supports its teachers, including: - Developing and implementing the vision - Establishing the school culture - Planning and implementing technology - Providing professional development - Reforming the curriculum and instructional practices - Funding the initiatives - Collaborating with parents and the community This book deepens and extends the work begun by the authors' previous book, Leading 21st Century Schools, by presenting strategies, exemplars, and practical advice about specific ways to continue on the journey of successfully leading 21st century schools. This sequel provides practical and evidence-based ideas, strategies, and experiences for moving schools toward their goals of meeting students', communities', and policy makers' expectations for educational systems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412997294 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412997291 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: