Learnership : invest in teachers, focus on learning, and put test scores in perspective
- Cathy A. Toll.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 156 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1060 .T647 2012||Unknown|
- Toll, Cathy A., 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 149-151) and index.
- List of Figures Preface Acknowledgments About the Author 1. Introduction to Learnership Felicia Robertson, Washington Intermediate School Gordon Fielding, Centerville High School The Difference 2. Look for Learning Teacher Learning as a Path to Student Learning How to Look for Learning Principals as Learning Leaders Conclusion 3. Understand Learning Systems Learn Shifts in Identity Shifting Perspectives Conclusion 4. Inquire into Learning Information Sources of Information Contradictory Claims Differing Viewpoints Data Problems Data Redux A Role for Principals Conclusion 5. Put Test Scores in Perspective Mile Markers on the Journey What Information? Information of Greater Value So What? Principal Attention to Student Learning Teacher Learning Teacher Supervision These Curious Times Conclusion 6. Influence Learning Disequilibrium Tune In to Disequilibrium More on the Question Prompt Disequilibrium Processes that Enhance Learning Conclusion 7. Support Learning Educational Coaching Professional Learning Teams Principal Leadership Conclusion Frequently Asked Questions Conclusion Narrative Bibliography References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452216461 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Do you feel bogged down by endless administrative tasks? Do you wish you could focus more on what truly matters-learning? Learnership provides both insight and solutions for moving past the distractions and becoming a learning leader. Cathy Toll illustrates this transformational process through activities and focused "learning conversations." Toll uses supported actions, theory and research, real-life stories, and narrative bibliography to explain how the practice of learnership can be implemented on a daily basis. This book offers: Practices to help teachers improve their effectiveness using problem-solving techniques More effective ways to approach data, testing, and accountability Strategies for supporting Professional Learning Teams (PLT) and educational coaches Learnership is an invaluable resource for principals and teachers in school-based leadership roles, or anyone who wishes to focus on school improvement and their own personal growth as a leader in education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452216461 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781452216461 (pbk.)
- 1452216460 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: