Video game programming for kids [electronic resource]
- Jonathan S. Harbour.
- Boston, MA : Course Technology, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 234 p.) : ill.
- Harbour, Jonathan S.
- 1. Hello Stinky Head [intro to QB64]. 2. Big Mean Kitty Chases Cute Little Dog [simple graphics]. 3. Save the Hangman [simple game]. 4. Finding Secret Pirate Treasure [timed game]. 5. Let's Go Fishing [complex graphics]. 6. Backpack Attack [first real time game]. 7. Fighting Scary Robots that like to say "Exterminate!" [audio chapter]. 8. Super Squirt Gun versus the Lizard [getting player input]. 9. You Forgot Your Combination!? [doing math]. 10. You Big Ant Stomping Meanie [arrays]. 11. Beetles Are Kind of Dumb (but let's be nice to them) [game logic]. 12. Driving Like Crazy [serious collision game]. 13. Catch The Parachute Guy!.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781435461161 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- "Video Game Programming for Kids" introduces pre-teens and young learners to the exciting world of game programming. This concise, dynamic book is designed specifically for 8-12 years olds and uses simple language; a step-by-step approach; and no-cost QB64 easy, but powerful, software to teach short graphics programs and games. This book is ideal for true beginners or young users who have no prior experience with programming tools. The author uses a humorous, captivating approach with brief chapters that each focus on a single programming or basic computer science concept. All programs and readings center around fun activities, such as cracking a safe, guessing the secret number, or finding the treasure.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781435461161 20160608
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Harbour, Jonathan S. Video game programming for kids. Boston, MA : Course Technology PTR ; Andover : Cengage Learning [distributor], c2013 ( 9781435461161 )
- 9781435461161 (pbk.)