The tour book [electronic resource] : how to get your music on the road
- Reynolds, Andy.
- 2nd ed.
- Boston, MA : Course Technology, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 335 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Part I: THE LIVE MUSIC BUSINESS. 1. An Overview of the Live Music Business. 2. How It All Works - Who Does What. 3. Contracts & Riders. Part II: HOW TO GET YOUR SHOW ON THE ROAD. 4. Getting On Stage - The Basics. 5. Preparation for the Show. 6. Equipment. 7. At The Show. Part III: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER. 8. Getting On Stage - Advanced Information. 9. Marketing. 10. Getting Paid for Your Performance. 11. How to Get Bigger and Better Shows. 12. Putting it all together. Part IV: THE FUTURE. 13. The Future of the Live Music Business. Epilogue: THAT story!.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Looking for practical advice, hints, and tips on every aspect of putting on a live show-from rehearsal to handling the details of travel, accommodation, booking and promoting shows in the US and overseas, equipment, sound checking, contracts, taxation, and marketing? Look no further. Written by a touring professional and featuring interviews with key figures from across the music industry, "The Tour Book" is the only guide to compile and distill the best and most current advice of today's artist managers, booking agents, talent buyers, and successful artists. Inside, you'll find the tools you need to make your own break, create better shows, and build a profitable long-term career in the music industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Andy Reynolds.
- Title Variation
- How to get your music on the road
- Available in another form
- Print version: Reynolds, Andy. Tour book. 2nd ed. Boston, MA : Course Technology, c2013 1435459547 (DLC) 2011939026 (OCoLC)786176312
- 9781435459540 (pbk.)
- 1435459547 (pbk.)