School discipline, classroom management, & student self-management : a PBS implementation guide
- Howard M. Knoff ; foreword by Raymond J. McNulty.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 300 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3012.2 .K63 2012||Unknown|
- Knoff, Howard M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-289) and index.
- Foreword by Raymond J. McNulty Preface and Acknowledgments About the Author 1. Integrating a Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Support System (PBSS) Blueprint Into an Effective Schools Process 2. School Readiness and the Steps for PBSS Implementation 3. The School Discipline/PBSS and Other Committees: Effective Team and Group Functioning 4. Behavioral Accountability, Student Motivation, and Staff Consistency 5. Teaching Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Skills 6. School Safety and Crisis Prevention, Intervention, and Response 7. Teasing, Taunting, Bullying, Harassment, Hazing, and Physical Aggression 8. Functional Assessment and Why Students Become Behaviorally Challenging 9. Behavioral Interventions for Students With Strategic and Intensive Needs 10. Evaluating and Sustaining PBSS Outcomes References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412993968 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- How do you help students who "act out" or "shut down" due to academic frustration or whose social and emotional issues keep them from achieving success in school? Based on Project ACHIEVE, a nationally recognized model of school effectiveness and continuous improvement program, this book shows you how. Educators will find a pragmatic, easy-to-follow blueprint for Positive Behavior Support Systems (PBSS) implementation that integrates academics, instruction, and achievement with discipline, behavior management, and student self-management. Award-winning author Howard M. Knoff provides guidance on Implementing a schoolwide discipline and safe schools program Teaching students interpersonal, social problem solving, conflict prevention and resolution, and emotional coping skills Guiding professional development, staff and student buy-in, and evaluation Strengthening parent and community outreach and involvement Included are classroom charts and posters, implementation steps and worksheets, and action plans and checklists. Case studies from more than 20 years of research and practice demonstrate how the book's strategies create positive climates, pro-social interactions, and effective management approaches from classroom to common school areas. The results? The students involved are more cooperative and academically engaged; have fewer disciplinary problems; are more socially successful; and earn higher grades and test scores.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412993968 20160609
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- School discipline, classroom management, and student self-management
- 9781412993968 (pbk.)
- 1412993962 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: