The nuptial mind
- Lloyd E. Sandelands.
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, c2012.
- Physical description
- vii, 110 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Sandelands, Lloyd E., 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -110).
- Preface Chapter One: Hooked-Up Porno-Zombies on Campus Chapter Two: Male and Female He Created Them Chapter Three: A Sexual History of Mind Chapter Four: The Catastrophe of Self Chapter Five: Redeemed in Faith Bibliography About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Nuptial Mind is about the coincident decadence of mind and sexuality in American society today, particularly on the university campus. Lloyd E. Sandelands argues that this decadence owes to a contemporary blindness to the theological precept expressed in Biblical revelation that God created Man in His image, as "male and female in one flesh." The book advances the "nuptial hypothesis" that the human mind reaches its greatest heights of creative realism when its male and female aspects are integrated in the image of God. The Nuptial Mind explores the theology of the body outlined by the Catholic Church.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780761858393 (clothbound : alk. paper)
- 0761858393 (clothbound : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: