Running records : authentic instruction in early childhood education
- Mary Shea.
- New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 169 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1573 .S471 2012||Unknown|
- Shea, Mary (Mary E.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-164) and index.
- Part I Rationale for Running Records: Meeting the Diverse Needs of Learners Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2 Running Records (RRs) as an Authentic Assessment Measure Part II Running Records Step-by-Step: Assessment that Informs Differentiated Reading Instruction Chapter 3 Assessing Reading Performance Part III Digging Deeper: Oral Reading Performance Reveals Process and Product Chapter 4 Assessing Reading Accuracy Chapter 5 Assessing Reading Fluency Chapter 6 Assessing Reading Comprehension Part IV Differentiating Instruction Based on Data from Authentic CBMs (RRs) Chapter 7 Differentiating Instruction for Reading Accuracy Chapter 8 Differentiating Instruction for Fluency Chapter 9 Differentiating Instruction for Comprehension Conclusion Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415503815 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- The most effective way to understand what a child knows about the reading process is to take a running record. In Running Records, Mary Shea demonstrates how teachers can use this powerful tool to design lessons that decrease reading difficulties, build on strengths, and stimulate motivation, ensuring that children develop self-sustaining learning strategies. Special Features include: * a step-by-step outline for taking efficient running records * guidance in running record analysis: readers will learn how to use running record data to determine a child's level of decoding skill, comprehension, fluency, and overall reading confidence * a Companion Website offering videos of the running record process, sample running records for analysis, and numerous other resources In order to meet the multi-faceted needs of children in today's classrooms, teachers must be knowledgeable about literacy concepts. Running Records provides that invaluable knowledge, making it an ideal text for literacy courses for pre-service teachers and a key professional reference for in-service teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415503815 20160609
- Publication date
- 9780415503792 (alk. paper)
- 0415503795 (alk. paper)
- 9780415503815 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415503817 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203120408 (ebk.)
- 020312040X (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: