Games and dynamic games
- Alain Haurie, Jacek B. Krawczyk, Georges Zaccour.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 465 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
- World Scientific - Now publishers series in business ; vol. 1
Math & Statistics Library
|QA272 .H38 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 449-460) and index.
- What are Dynamic Games?-- Classical Theory of Games: Description of a Game-- Equilibrium Solutions for Noncooperative Games-- Extensions and Refinements of the Equilibrium Concepts-- Deterministic Dynamic Games: Repeated Games and Memory Strategies-- Multistage Games-- Differential Games-- Stochastic Games: Equilibria in Games Played over Event Trees-- Markov Games-- Piecewise Deterministic Differential Games-- Stochastic-Diffusion Games.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814401265 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Dynamic games arise between players (individuals, firms, countries, animals, etc.) when the strategic interactions among them recur over time and decisions made during one period affect both current and future payoffs. Dynamic games provide conceptually rich paradigms and tools to deal with these situations. This volume provides a uniform approach to game theory and illustrates it with present-day applications to economics and management, including environmental, with the emphasis on dynamic games. At the end of each chapter a case study called game engineering (GE) is provided, to help readers understand how problems of high social priority, such as environmental negotiations, exploitation of common resources, can be modeled as games and how solutions can be engineered.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814401265 20160609
- Publication date
- 9814401269 (cloth)
- 9789814401265 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: