Metric and Differential Geometry : the Jeff Cheeger anniversary volume
- Xianzhe Dai, Xiaochun Rong, editors.
- Basel ; New York : Springer, 2012.
- Physical description
- xlviii, 361 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Progress in mathematics (Boston, Mass.) v. 297.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA761 .M48 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part 1. Differential Geometry
- Boundary Value Problems for Metrics on 3-manifolds / Michael T. Anderson
- Space of Kähler Metrics (V) - Kähler Quantization / Xiuxiong Chen and Song Sun
- Split Special Lagrangian Geometry / F. Reese Harvey and H. Blaine Lawson Jr.
- How Riemannian Manifolds Converge / Christina Sormani
- Existence of Einstein Metrics on Fano Manifolds / Gang Tian
- Part 2. Metric Geometry
- Analytic Properties of Quasiconformal Mappings Between Metric Spaces / P. Koskela and K. Wildrick
- An Application of Metric Cotype to Quasisymmetric Embeddings / Assaf Naor
- Part 3. Index Theory
- Index Theory and the Hypoelliptic Laplacian / Jean-Michel Bismut
- Adiabatic Limit, Heat Kernel and Analytic Torsion / Xianzhe Dai and Richard B. Melrose
- Transversal Index and L2-index for Manifolds with Boundary / Xiaonan Ma and Weiping Zhang
- The Asymptotics of the Ray-Singer Analytic Torsion of Hyperbolic 3-manifolds / Werner Müller
- Differential Characters for K-theory / James Simons and Dennis Sullivan.
- Publisher's Summary
- Metric and Differential Geometry grew out of a similarly named conference held at Chern Institute of Mathematics, Tianjin and Capital Normal University, Beijing. The various contributions to this volume cover a broad range of topics in metric and differential geometry, including metric spaces, Ricci flow, Einstein manifolds, Kahler geometry, index theory, hypoelliptic Laplacian and analytic torsion. It offers the most recent advances as well as surveys the new developments. Contributors: M.T. Anderson J.-M. Bismut X. Chen X. Dai R. Harvey P. Koskela B. Lawson X. Ma R. Melrose W. Muller A. Naor J. Simons C. Sormani D. Sullivan S. Sun G. Tian K. Wildrick W. Zhang.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783034802567 20160609
- Publication date
- Progress in mathematics ; v. 297
- 9783034802567 (hbk.)
- 3034802560 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: