Modern applications of automata theory
- editors, Deepak D'Souza, Priti Shankar.
- New Jersey : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 656 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
- IISc research monographs series 2.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA267 .M63 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Automata on Infinite Words-- An Introduction to Tree Automata-- Automata and Verification-- Automata Theory in Automatic Program Verification-- Finite Automata and the Analysis of Infinite Transition Systems-- Some Analysis Techniques for Systems with an Infinite State Space-- Weighted Finite Automata and Digital Image Representation-- A Framework for Decentralized Access Control Using Finite State Automata-- Automata on Distributed Alphabets-- The Theory of MSC Languages-- Automata-Theoretic Approaches for Temporal Logic Model-Checking-- Automata Directed Compression of Structured Files-- Type-Checking Tree Walking Transducers-- Automata for Navigating Unbounded Data-- Automata on Nested Words with Applications to Verification and XML-- Automata and Logics over Signals-- Algorithmic Analysis of Interval Temporal Logics and Duration Calculi-- Discrete Approximate Regular Behaviors of Hybrid Automata.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Automata theory has come into prominence in recent years with a plethora of applications in fields ranging from verification to XML processing and file compression. In fact, the 2007 Turing Award was awarded to Clarke, Emerson and Sifakis for their pioneering work on model-checking techniques. To the best of our knowledge, there is no single book that covers the vast range of applications of automata theory targeted at a mature student audience. This book is intended to fill that gap and can be used as an intermediate-level textbook. It begins with a detailed treatment of foundational material not normally covered in a beginner's course in automata theory, and then rapidly moves on to applications. The book is largely devoted to verification and model checking, and contains material that is at the cutting edge of verification technology. It will be an invaluable reference for software practitioners working in this area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- IISc research monographs series ; 2
- 9789814271042 (hbk.)
- 9814271047 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: