Document analysis and recognition with wavelet and fractal theories
- Yuan Yan Tang.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 356 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Series in machine perception and artificial intelligence ; v. 79.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA614.86 .T36 2012||Unknown|
- Tang, Yuan Yan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 337-351) and index.
- Basic Concepts of Document Analysis and Understanding-- Basic Knowledge of Fractal Geometry and Wavelet Analysis-- Document Analysis by Fractal Dimensions-- Text Extraction by Wavelet Decomposition-- Rotation Invariant by Fractal-- Wavelet-Based Approach to Script Identification-- Fractal-Based Method for Script Identification-- Hidden Markov Model (WD-HMM) in Wavelet Domain for Writer Identification.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814401005 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Many phenomena around the research in document analysis and understanding are much better described through the powerful multiscale signal representations than by traditional ways. From this perspective, the recent emergence of powerful multiscale signal representations in general and fractal/wavelet basis representations in particular, has been particularly timely. Indeed, out of these theories arise highly natural and extremely useful representations for a variety of important phenomena in document analysis and understanding. This book presents both the development of these new approaches as well as their application to a number of fundamental problems of interest to scientists and engineers in document analysis and understanding.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814401005 20160609
- Publication date
- Series in machine perception and artificial intelligence ; vol. 79
Browse related items
Start at call number: