[Sketch for a song]
- Uniform Title
- Ne' giorni tuoi felici (Sketches)
- Italian. Staff notation.
- Physical description
- 1 score (6 unnumbered pages) : paper, ink, manuscript ; 22 x 30 cm
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- First full line of text: Tu mi traffigi il cor
- Fragment (12 measures) of a sketch for Ne' giorni tuoi felici, beginning with the line "Tu mi traffigi il cor". Each page is prepared for 11 lines, suggesting a large accompanying ensemble.
- Title from Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, 1950.
- First measure is crossed out.
- Last 2 pages blank.
- "Heinrich Schenker, the great theoretician and Beethoven specialist, has expressed the opinion that this manuscript belongs to the studies which Beethoven wrote while studying with Antonio Salieri"--Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, 1950, page 16.
- "The sketches Tu mi traffigi il cor" etc., come from the duet "Ne giorni tuoi felice, Kinsky/Halm pp. 549-550, WoO 93. One of the pages corresponds to the vocal line in bars 74-76 (or 121-123) of the published version ("veggio languir chi adoro"), but the other pages do not correspond exactly to that score, though they resemble it--letter from Alan Tyson, April 12, 1968, inserted in the Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, 1950.
- Lyrics from Metastasio's Olimpiade.
- Van Patten, N. Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, page 16.
Browse related items
Start at call number: