[Quintette in C, opus 29]
- Uniform Title
- Quintets, violins, violas, cello, op. 29, C major (Sketches)
- Italian. Staff notation.
- [approximately 1801]
- Physical description
- 1 score (2 pages) : paper, ink, pencil, manuscript ; 21 x 32 cm
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MLM 46||In-library use|
The Memorial Library of Music is a collection of printed and manuscript scores and composers' letters, dating primarily from the 18th and 19th centuries, but ranging into both the 17th and 20th centuries. Musical genres range from intimate piano works and country dance music to large-scale orchestral and vocal works, with a strong emphasis on opera. Many of the scores are autographs or inscribed by the composer. The original collection was created by George T. Keating and conceived as part of Stanford University's memorial to alumni who gave their lives in World War II. The Music Library actively adds works to the collection, particularly 18th and 19th century operatic works. A guide to the initial collection was completed by Nathan van Patten, professor of bibliography in 1950, and has been heavily annotated over the years. A partial online version is also available. Newer additions are cataloged separately and appear in Stanford's online catalog. Adminstrative files for the collection are available in a separate online collection.
- Publication date
- Inserted loose in the first edition of the score. Quintetto pour 2 violons, 2 altos et violoncelle / composé par L. van Beethoven. A Leipsic : chez Breitkopf et Hartel, 
- A leaf from a sketchbook. These sketches are concerned mainly with the development section at the coda of the first movement of op. 29. It is not a piano arrangement as noted in the Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, MLM 45.
- Inserted in paper wrapper (4 pages) with the title "Musikalisches Andrucken von Ludwig van Beethoven's ...", signed "Ignaz Sauer" and dated "5. Nov. 1827".
- Bound with: Beethoven, L. Quintetto pour 2 violons, 2 altos et violoncelle, . 9692459
- Kinsky, page 596.
- Van Patten, N. Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, page 16.
- Albrecht, no. 228.
Browse related items
Start at call number: