A leader's guide to mathematics curriculum topic study
- Page Keeley ... [et al.].
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 254 p. : ill ; 29 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QA11.2 .K437 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-246) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Introduction the the Leader's Guide 2. Introduction to CTS for Leaders 3. Considerations for Designing and Leading CTS 4. Tools, Resources, and Designs for Leading Introductory Sessions on CTS 5. Leading Full Topic Studies 6. Using CTS in a Content, Curricular, Instructional, or Assessment Context 7. Embedding CTS Within Professional Development Strategies References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Curriculum Topic Study (CTS) process, funded by the National Science Foundation, helps teachers improve their practice by linking standards and research on how children learn mathematics to classroom practice. Keyed to the core book "Mathematics Curriculum Topic Study", this resource helps mathematics professional development leaders and teacher educators understand the CTS approach and how to design, lead, and apply CTS in a variety of settings that support teachers as learners. By bringing CTS into schools and other professional development settings, mathematics leaders can enhance their teachers' knowledge of content, improve teaching practices, and have a positive impact on student learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- A joint publication [with] WestEd and Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance.
- 9781412992602 (pbk. : alk. paper + CD-ROM)
- 1412992605 (pbk. : alk. paper + CD-ROM)
Browse related items
Start at call number: