ProQuest history vault. NAACP papers [electronic resource].
- [Ann Arbor, MI] : ProQuest.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- pt. 1. Meetings of the Board of Directors, records of annual conferences, major speeches, and special reports, 1909-1950
- pt. 2. Personal correspondence of selected NAACP officials, 1919-1939
- pt. 3. The campaign for educational equality.
- pt. 4. The voting rights campaign, 1916-1950
- pt. 5. The campaign against residential segregation, 1914-1955
- pt. 6. The Scottsboro case, 1931-1950
- pt. 7. The anti-lynching campaign, 1912-1955.
- pt. 8. Discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- pt. 9. Discrimination in the U.S. armed forces, 1918-1955. General office files on armed forces' affairs, 1918-1955.
- pt. 10. Peonage, labor, and the New Deal, 1913-1939
- pt. 11. Special subject files, 1912-1939
- pt. 12. Selected branch files, 1913-1939.
- pt. 13. NAACP and labor, 1940-1955.
- pt. 14. Race relations in the international arena, 1940-1955
- pt. 15. Segregation and discrimination, complaints and responses, 1940-1955.
- pt. 16. Board of directors, correspondence and committee materials.
- pt. 17. National staff files, 1940-1955
- pt. 18. Special subjects, 1940-1955.
- pt. 19. Youth file.
- pt. 20. White resistance and reprisals, 1956-1965
- pt. 21. NAACP relations with the modern civil rights movement
- pt. 22. Legal department administrative files, 1956-1965
- pt. 23. Legal Department case files, 1956-1965
- pt. 24. Special subjects, 1956-1965.
- pt. 25. Branch department files.
- pt. 26. Selected branch files, 1940-1955.
- Nearly 2 million digitized pages of internal memos, legal briefings, and direct action summaries from national, legal, and branch offices throughout the country. It charts the NAACP's work and covers issues including: lynching, school desegregation, and discrimination in the military, the criminal justice system, employment, and housing, among others. It provides a comprehensive view of the NAACP's evolution, policies, and achievements from 1909-1970.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- NAACP papers : board of directors, annual conferences, major speeches, and national staff files
- History vault. NAACP papers
- Papers of the NAACP
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2012.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.