Autograph note to Josef August Röckel from Ludwig van Beethoven, undated
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827
- Physical description
- 1 leaf
- Beethoven mentions Missa solemnis is this translation of the note: "Here, my dear [friend] I make you a little gift, an English dictionary. With regard to the vocal pieces, I think we should let one of the singers, who is going to sing for us, first sing an air, then we would do two numbers of the Mass, but with German words. Look about you as to who could do this for us, it need not be exactly a masterpiece, if it only suits the music well. Yours, Beethoven."
- The note is laid in MLM 44, Missa composita, et Serenissimo ac Eminentissimo Domino ... profundissima cum veneratione dedicata a Ludovico van Beethoven. Opus 123 ... Moguntiae, B. Schott filiorum, 1827.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- The tenor Josef August Röckel sang as Florestan during Beethovens Opera "Fidelio" in 1806.
- Part of Stanford's Memorial Library of Music.