Taiwan education at the crossroad : when globalization meets localization
- Chuing Prudence Chou, Gregory Ching.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 291 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- International & development education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA1136.81 .Z64 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES Globalization as a Notion or Reality? Localization and Taiwan Taiwan's Country Profile The Establishment of Modern Education System Education Reform Era (From 1994 Onwards) PART II: EDUCATION AT THE DIFFERENT LEVELS Taiwan School System Educational Statistics Course Programs Availability Educational Funding Features Teacher Education Shadow Education PART III: TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY IN TAIWAN Pre-School Education Primary Education Secondary Education Higher Education PART IV: LOCAL RESPONSE TO GLOBAL IMPACT ON EDUCATION REFORM The 1994-96 Educational Reform Master Plan University Law for Academic Autonomy and Quality Assurance World Class Research University Project International Student Recruitment Policies Education Adjustment After Access to WTO and ECFA Decentralization of Teacher Preparation Program Establishment of Multiple-channels for University and Senior High School Admission Nine-year Integrated Curriculum Reform Recent Planning of the Twelve Basic Education Program Other Local Reform Schemes Local Responses to Global Challenges Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230110892 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Taiwan Education at the Crossroad examines the processes of schooling in Taiwan amidst the social, cultural, economic, and political conflicts resulting from local and global dilemmas and issues. The book opens with an introductory chapter detailing the recent world-wide phenomenon in education, i.e. globalization and localization, followed by parts one through five to showcase the different perspectives of Taiwan's education. Collectively these sections offer a panoramic and in-depth glimpse from the past to the future of educational trends in Taiwan, and the ongoing educational exchanges with China and the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230110892 20160609
- Publication date
- International and development education
- 9780230110892 (hardback)
- 0230110894 (hardback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: