Education in Sub-Saharan Africa : a comparative analysis
- Kirsten Majgaard and Alain Mingat.
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 244 p. : ill., map ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2826.6 .A34 M35 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Comparative Analysis takes stock of education in Sub-Saharan Africa by drawing on the collective knowledge gained through the preparation of Country Status Reports for more than 30 countries. The analysis is based on a cross-country dataset which combines both administrative and household survey data to describe aspects of enrollment and student flow, disparities, out-of-school children, finance, management, quality, social impact and the link between education systems and labor markets. The book provides those concerned with education in Sub-Saharan Africa with an analysis of the sector from a cross-country perspective aimed at drawing lessons that individual country studies alone cannot provide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- "A World Bank study"
- 9780821388891 (pbk.)
- 0821388894 (pbk.)
- 9780821388907 (ebk.)
- 0821388908 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: