NewspaperCat [electronic resource].
- [Gainesville, Fla.] : George A. Smathers Libraries.
- George A. Smathers Libraries.
- Large numbers of historical newspapers are digitized every year by libraries, archives, historical societies and other organizations but they remain underutilized because they are virtually buried in the web. NewspaperCat, the Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers, was developed to improve access to this rich, primary resource material through one searchable database. The Catalog currently links to over 1,700 freely available digital historical newspapers from across the United States and the Caribbean with the goal of including as many North American newspapers as possible. Search the catalog by keyword, title, or location (city, county, or state) to locate links to these digitized newspapers and a treasure trove of information.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Catalog of digital historical newspapers
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2011?
- Title from home page (viewed Feb. 8, 2011).