Maplight [electronic resource] : revealing money's influence on politics
- [Berkeley,Calif.] : MapLight.org.
- [Berkeley,Calif.] : TakeBackCA.org.
- MapLight is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that "connects data on campaign contributions, politicians, votes, industries, companies, and more to show patterns of influence that could never be seen before." The result is visual, easy-to-understand data that shows how campaign contributions influence voting patterns in the US Congress. The intended audience is American taxpayers and consumers, as well as students, researchers, and journalists. Users can view the data in various ways: by bill, by legislator, by company, and by interest groups. Contributions data comes from the Center for Responsive Politics. The site is well-designed and easy-to-use, and is an excellent resource for researching the influence of campaign contributions and promoting government transparency and accountability. The video tour of how the website works is worth checking out: http://maplight.org/us-congr ess/guide/video-tour. There's also Maplight California, Maplight Wisconson, and Maplight Los Angeles.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Former subtitle: Money and politics : illuminating the connection
- Former Title
- MapLight.org <Oct. 1, 2007>
- Title from home page (viewed August 8, 2012).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.