Algorithmic and architectural gaming design : implementation and development
- Ashok Kumar, Jim Etheredge, Aaron Boudreaux [editors].
- Hershey PA : Information Science Reference, c2012.
- Physical description
- xx, 455 p. : ill ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 430-443) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Video games represent a unique blend of programming, art, music, and unbridled creativity. To the general public, they are perhaps the most exciting computer applications ever undertaken. In the field of computer science, they have been the impetus for a continuous stream of innovations designed to provide gaming enthusiasts with the most realistic and enjoyable gaming experience possible. Algorithmic and Architectural Gaming Design: Implementation and Development discusses the most recent advances in the field of video game design, with particular emphasis on practical examples of game development, including design and implementation. The target audience of this book includes educators, students, practitioners, professionals, and researchers working in the area of video game design and development. Anyone actively developing video games will benefit from the practical application of fundamental computer science concepts demonstrated in this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- 9781466616349 (hardcover)
- 1466616342 (hardcover)
- 9781466616356 (ebook)
- 1466616350 (ebook)
- 9781466616363 (print & perpetual access)
- 1466616369 (print & perpetual access)
Browse related items
Start at call number: