The Trans-Pacific Partnership : a quest for a twenty-first century trade agreement
- edited by C.L. Lim, Deborah Kay Elms, Patrick Low.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 337 p. ; 23 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KVC947 .A42005 T73 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What is "high-quality, twenty-first century" anyway? / C.L. Lim, Deborah Elms, and Patrick Low
- An overview and snapshot of the TPP negotiations / Deborah Elms and C.L. Lim
- US PTAS : what's been done and what it means for the TPP negotiations / Jeffrey J. Schott and Julia Muir
- From the P4 to the TPP : transplantation or transformation? / Henry Gao
- Incorporating development among diverse members / Joel Trachtman
- Negotiations over market access in goods / Deborah Elms
- TPP negotiations : rules of origin / Margaret Liang
- Trade in services / Stuart Harbinson and Aik Hoe Lim
- TPP Agreement : towards innovations in investment rule-making / Julien Chaisse
- The intellectual property chapter in the Trans-Pacific Partnership / Susy Frankel
- Regulatory coherence in the Trans-Pacific Partnership talks / Thomas J. Bollyky
- Environmental issues in the Trans-Pacific Partnership / Jeffrey J. Schott and Julia Muir
- Labour standards and the TPP / Kimberly Ann Elliott
- What is to be done with export restrictions? / C.L. Lim
- Achieving a free trade agreement of the Asia-Pacific : does the TPP present the most attractive path? / Meredith Kolsky Lewis
- APEC and TPP : are they mutually reinforcing? / Carlos Kuriyama
- Coping with multiple uncertainties : Latin America in the TPP negotiations / Sebastian Herreros
- The TPP : multilateralizing regionalism or the securization of trade policy? / Ann Capling and John Ravenhill
- The TPP in a multilateral world / Patrick Low
- Conclusions / C.L. Lim, Deborah Elms and Patrick Low.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) talks attempt to link together at least nine countries in three continents to create a 'high-quality, twenty-first century agreement'. Such an agreement is intended to open markets to competition between the partners more than ever before in sectors ranging from goods and services to investment, and includes rigorous rules in the fields of intellectual property, labour protection and environmental conservation. The TPP also aims to improve regulatory coherence, enhance production supply chains and help boost small and medium-sized enterprises. It could transform relations with regions such as Latin America, paving the way to an eventual Free Trade Area of the Asia Pacific, or see innovations translated into the global trade regulatory system operating under the WTO. However, given the tensions between strategic and economic concerns, the final deal could still collapse into something closer to a standard, 'twentieth-century' trade agreement.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107612426 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781107028661 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1107028663 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781107612426 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 110761242X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: