Educating young children with autism spectrum disorders
- Erin E. Barton, Beth Harn.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, A Joint Publication with the National Association of School Psychologists, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 318 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4717 .B37 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 285-308) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Classification of Autism in Young Children 2. Early Detection and Medical Classification 3. Educational Eligibility 4. Writing Effective Educational Goals 5. Essential Components of Educational Programs 6. Designing and Evaluating Instruction Based on Student Skills and Responses 7. Evidence-Based Strategies for Teaching Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Skill Acquisition and Fluency 8. Evidence-based Strategies for Maintenance, Generalization, and Self-management 9. Evidence-based Practices for Communication Skill Acquisition 10. Evidence-based Practices for Social Skill Acquisition 11. Designing Instruction and Supports to Prevent and Decrease Problem Behavior 12. Maximizing Implementation of Evidence-Based Strategies in the Classroom Master List of Acronyms NASP References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412987288 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- This book will guide practitioners, early interventionists, teachers, counselors, and psychologists in identifying and implementing effective strategies that address the unique characteristics of children with autism and their families. The authors describe current research on the etiology of autism and outline a range of effective assessment procedures. Key topics include: - How to guide family participation and supports in developing goals and interventions - Procedures for intervention planning and implementation in natural settings - Methods for promoting generalization and maintenance of skills - Strategies to promote collaboration and problem-solving approaches across multiple disciplines Approaches for evaluating evidence based practices - Ways to foster awareness of recent developments related to evidence-based practices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412987288 20160608
- Publication date
- 9781412987288 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412987288 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: