Methods in physical chemistry [electronic resource]
- edited by Rolf Schäfer, Peter C. Schmidt.
- Weinheim : WiVCH ; Chichester : John Wiley [distributor], 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (2 v. (xxv, 846 p.)) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- VOLUME I GAS-PHASE Manipulation of molecules High resolution infrared spectroscopy Laser ionisation spectroscopy Laser spectroscopy for gas-phase kinetics Mass spectrometry for ion chemistry CONDENSED-PHASE Nuclear magnetic resonance Electron spin resonance Broadband conductivity spectroscopy X-ray absorption spectroscopy X-ray, neutron and electron diffraction Small-angle scattering with neutrons and X-rays Perturbed angular correlation Mobetabauer spectroscopy VOLUME II INTERFACES Diffuse-Reflection-Infrared-FT-Spectroscopy Raman spectroscopy Photoelectron spectroscopy and microscopy Secondary ion mass spectrometry Quartz microbalance Scanning tunneling microscopy BIOMOLECULES AND MATERIALS Ultrafast vibrational spectroscopies THz spectroscopy Single molecule fluorescence spectroscopy Luminescence Nanomechanical methods Magnetometry Transient isotopic kinetic techniques High resolution electron microscopy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527327454 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- Thanks to the progress made in instruments and techniques, the methods in physical chemistry have developed rapidly over the past few decades, making them increasingly valuable for scientists of many disciplines. These two must-have volumes meet the needs of the scientific community for a thorough overview of all the important methods currently used. As such, this work bridges the gap between standard textbooks and review articles, covering a large number of methods, as well as the motivation behind their use. A uniform approach is adopted throughout both volumes, while the critical comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of each method makes this a valuable reference for physical chemists and other scientists working with these techniques.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527327454 20160608