Cognitive-behavioral interventions in educational settings : a handbook for practice
- edited by Rosemary B. Mennuti, Ray W. Christner, Arthur Freeman.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 754 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.55 .C63 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Beck, Foreword. Part I: Foundations. Mennuti, Christner, An Introduction to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy with Youth. Christner, Kamon, Mennuti, Implementation of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to School-Based Mental Health: A Developmental Perspective. Ortiz, Multicultural Issues in School Mental Health: Responsive Intervention in the Educational Setting. Murphy, Christner, A Cognitive-Behavioral Case Conceptualization for Children and Adolescents. Part II: Application of CBT Interventions with Specific Disorders. Gosch, Flannery-Schroeder, Brecher, Anxiety Disorders: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Kearney, Spear, School Refusal Behavior: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Mulligan, Christner, Depression: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. West, Weinstein, Bipolar Disorder: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Mennuti, Bloomgarden, Mathison, Gabriel, Adolescents with Eating Disorders: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Lochman, Boxmeyer, Powell, Siddiqui, Stromeyer, Kelly, Anger and Aggression: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Doll, Swearer, Collins, Chadwell, Dooley, Chapla, Bullying and Coercion: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Perkins, Fischetti, Children with Learning Disabilities: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. DuPaul, Carson, Gormley, Junod, Flammer-Rivera, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Petronko, Kormann, Individuals with Developmental Disabilities: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Bolton, McPoyle-Callahan, Christner, Autism: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Weiler-Timmins, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth: School Climate, Stressors, and Interventions. Power, DeRosa, Children with Chronic Health Conditions: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Forman, Sharp, Substance-Abuse Prevention: School-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions. Part III: Application of CBT Interventions with Systems. Williams, Smallwood, Monahon, Cognitive-Behavioral Strategies for School Behavioral Consultation. Smallwood, Williams, Monahon, Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to School-Crisis Response. Nelson, Schnorr, Powell, Huebner, Building Resilience in Schools. Livanis, Mulligan, Florin, Mougrabi, Incorporating Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in a School-wide Positive Behavioral Support System: Promoting Good Mental Health in All Children. Part IV: Summary. Poponi, Mennuti, The Future of Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions in Schools.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Schools and school staff play a critical role in the cognitive, behavioral, emotional, social, and interpersonal development of children and adolescents. This second edition of Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions in Educational Settings teaches readers to think strategically about the individual and plan for effective and specific interventions based on the student's age, developmental level, and presenting problems. It is written by forward-thinking, established professionals whose writing represents the state-of-the-art in cognitive behavioral interventions in educational settings, and presents evidence-based interventions for a variety of issues commonly seen in schools. Including both innovative and well-established approaches, they offer assessment methods and interventions for a variety of issues and concerns faced by school-aged youth. The use of case studies and session outlines, as well as the balance of theoretical and clinical concerns, enhances this book's value as a reference for both clinicians and students. New to this edition are topics on cyber-bullying, parent and school consultation, school-wide positive behavioral support, and bipolar disorder. This is the ideal reference for those who wish to select and utilize precise interventions in school settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: