Grading the 44th president : a report card on Barack Obama's first term as a progressive leader
- Luigi Esposito and Laura L. Finley, editors ; foreword by Leonard Pitts.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 268 p. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Obama and the Promise of Change / Luigi Esposito and Laura L. Finley
- Progressivism and Economics : The Case of President Obama / Steven L. Arxer, Matthew Babcock, and Walter Borges
- Educating the "Education President" / Jung Min Choi, Tashina J. Vavuris, and Mariko Ono
- Negotiating Health : The Challenges of Progressive Healthcare Reform in the U.S. / Lisa Konczal
- Obama, Progressivism, Harm Reduction, and Drug Policy : From War to Health and Rights / Fernando Perez
- In The Land Of The Blind : Evaluating Obama's Environmental Record / Kent D. Shifferd
- Rating the 44th President on Immigration / Randall Amster and Margaret Groarke
- Obama at War / Nicolas J.S. Davies
- Race and the Obama Presidency / Victor Romano and Melanie Sberna Hinojosa
- The First Female President? Assessing Obama's First-term Work on Women's Issues / Laura L. Finley
- Waiting for Change : Obama and the LGBT Community / P. Tom Semm and Christina Sanchez-Weston
- Being Progressive on National Security : The Rolling Back of Bush Administration Policies and Keeping America Safe / Christian A.I. Schlaerth, Aaron Puhrmann, Katelyn Rozenbroek, and Hilary Cook
- Conclusion: Obama and the Future of Progressivism in the US / Laura L. Finley and Luigi Esposito.
Grading the 44th President: A Report Card on Barack Obama's First Term as a Progressive Leader is written in clear language that is free of jargon and from a leftist perspective, offering a comprehensive analysis and critique of Obama's performance as a progressive president during his first term. The authors provide in-depth analyses with respect to Obama's handling of specific issues, including the economy, education, healthcare, criminal justice policy, the environment, immigration, Iraq and Afghanistan, race relations, gender issues, and gay/lesbian issues, covering topics in detail that general biographies of Obama and examinations of his political career miss. This book presents clear, accessible information for general readers, and contains in-depth discussion of topics useful to high school, college, and university students of sociology, government, political science, philosophy, and history.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Grading the forty-fourth president
- 9780313398438 (hardcopy : acid-free paper)
- 0313398437 (hardcopy : acid-free paper)
- 9780313398445 (ebook)
- 0313398445 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: