College and career ready in the 21st century : making high school matter
- Stone, James R., 1948-
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 215 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
LC1045 .S745 2012
- Unknown LC1045 .S745 2012
- Lewis, Morgan V., 1935-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 184-204) and index.
- Rhetoric and meaningful high school reform : The rhetoric ; More is not better, it may be worse ; A career-focused approach to making high school matter
- College and career ready for the 21st century : Defining college and career ready ; Signaling the labor market ; Academic skills needed to be college and career ready ; Multiple pathways, multiple ways of winning ; How other nations prepare their youth ; Career guidance: the missing link
- Student engagement: the necessary condition : High-stakes testing ; CTE and high school graduation ; International comparisons
- Developing the skills required in the workplace : The power of contextualized learning ; Why is integration so rare? ; School-level approaches to curriculum integration ; Theory-driven approaches to curriculum integration ; Core principles ; Two underutilized pedagogies
- Transitioning to successful adulthood : Previous efforts to link secondary CTE and postsecondary education ; Earning postsecondary credits while in high school ; Current research on programs of study
- Jobs and earnings: credentials matter : Middle-skill occupations ; The impact of CTE on earnings ; An alternative to the dropout track
- Building the system and delivering the curriculum : Building a career and college system ; Is this future possible? ; Delivering a career and college curriculum.
- Publication date
- James R. Stone III, Morgan V. Lewis.
- 9780807753231 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807753238 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780807753248 (hbk.)
- 0807753246 (hbk.)