Theory and examples of ordinary differential equations
- Chin-Yuan Lin.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, N.J. : World Scientific, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 540 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
- Series on concrete and applicable mathematics v. 10.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA372 .L56 2011||Unknown|
- Lin, Jinyuan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 537) and index.
- Linear Equations-- Systems of Linear First Order Equations-- Power Series Solutions-- Adjoint Operators and Nonhomogeneous Boundary Value Problems-- Green Functions-- Eigenfunction Expansions-- Long Time Behavior of Systems of Differential Equations-- Existence and Uniqueness Theorems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814307123 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents a complete theory of ordinary differential equations, with many illustrative examples and interesting exercises. A rigorous treatment is offered in this book with clear proofs for the theoretical results and with detailed solutions for the examples and problems. This book is intended for undergraduate students who major in mathematics and have acquired a prerequisite knowledge of calculus and partly the knowledge of a complex variable, and are now reading advanced calculus and linear algebra. Additionally, the comprehensive coverage of the theory with a wide array of examples and detailed solutions, would appeal to mathematics graduate students and researchers as well as graduate students in majors of other disciplines. As a handy reference, advanced knowledge is provided in this book with details developed beyond the basics; optional sections, where main results are extended, offer an understanding of further applications of ordinary differential equations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814307123 20160609
- Differential equations.
- Publication date
- Series on concrete and applicable mathematics, 1793-1142 ; v. 10
Browse related items
Start at call number: