Numerical methods for large eigenvalue problems
- Yousef Saad.
- Rev. ed.
- Philadelphia, PA : Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 276 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Classics in applied mathematics ; 66.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA188 .S18 2011||Unknown|
- Saad, Y.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 259-269) and index.
- Preface to the Classics Edition-- Preface-- 1. Background in matrix theory and linear algebra-- 2. Sparse matrices-- 3. Perturbation theory and error analysis-- 4. The tools of spectral approximation-- 5. Subspace iteration-- 6. Krylov subspace methods-- 7. Filtering and restarting techniques-- 8. Preconditioning techniques-- 9. Non-standard eigenvalue problems-- 10. Origins of matrix eigenvalue problems-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781611970722 20160608
- Publisher's Summary
- This revised edition discusses numerical methods for computing the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of large sparse matrices. It provides an in-depth view of the numerical methods that are applicable for solving matrix eigenvalue problems that arise in various engineering and scientific applications. Each chapter was updated by shortening or deleting outdated topics, adding topics of more recent interest and adapting the Notes and References section. Significant changes have been made to Chapters 6 through 8, which describe algorithms and their implementations and now include topics such as the implicit restart techniques, the Jacobi-Davidson method and automatic multilevel substructuring.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781611970722 20160608
- Publication date
- Classics in applied mathematics ; 66
- 9781611970722 (Paper)
- 1611970725 (Paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: