Hierarchical linear modeling : guide and applications
- editor, G. David Garson.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 371 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA279 .H54 2013||Unknown|
- Garson, G. David.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Fundamentals of Hierarchical Linear (Multilevel) Modeling - G. David Garson Chapter 2. Preparing to Analyze Multilevel Data - G. David Garson Chapter 3. Introductory Guide to HLM with HLM6 Software - G. David Garson Chapter 4. Introductory Guide to HLM with SAS Software - G. David Garson Chapter 5. Introductory Guide to HLM with SPSS Software - G. David Garson Chapter 6. A Random Intercepts Model of GPA and SAT Scores Using SPSS - Forrest C. Lane, Kim F. Nimon & J. Kyle Roberts Chapter 7. A Random Intercept Regression Model Using HLM: Cohort Analysis of a Mathematics Curriculum for Mathematically Promising Students - Carissa L. Shafto & Jill L. Adelson Chapter 8. A Random Coefficients Model Using HLM: Studying the Achievement Gap in Schools - Gregory J. Palardy Chapter 9. Emotional Reactivity to Daily Stressors Using a Random Coefficients Model with SAS Proc Mixed - Shevaun Neupert Chapter 10. Hierarchical Linear Modeling of Growth Curve Trajectories Using HLM - David F. Greenberg & Julie A. Phillips Chapter 11. A Piecewise Growth Model Using HLM to Examine Change in Teaching Practices Following a Science Teacher Professional Development Intervention - Jaime Lynn Maerten-Rivera Chapter 12. Studying Reaction to Repeated Life Events with Discontinuous Change Models Using HLM - Maike Luhmann & Michael Eid Chapter 13. A Cross-Classified Multilevel Model for First-Year College Natural Science Performance Using SAS - Brian F. Patterson Chapter 14. Cross-Classified Multilevel Models Using STATA: How Important Are Schools and Neighborhoods for Children's Educational Attainment? - George Leckie Chapter 15. Predicting Future Events from Longitudinal Data with Multivariate Hierarchical Models Using SAS - Larry J. Brant & Shan L. Sheng.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412998857 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a brief, easy-to-read guide to implementing hierarchical linear modelling using the three leading software platforms, followed by a set of application articles based on recent work published in leading journals and as part of doctoral dissertations. The "guide" portion consists of three chapters by the editor, covering basic to intermediate use of SPSS, SAS, and HLM for purposes for hierarchical linear modelling, while the "applications" portion consists of a dozen contributions in which the authors emphasize how-to and methodological aspects and show how they have used these techniques in practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412998857 20160609
- Linear models (Statistics)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: