Cultivating creativity : for babies, toddlers and young children
- Tina Bruce.
- 2nd ed.
- Abingdon [U.K.] : Hodder Education, 2011.
- Physical description
- 130 p. : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1062 .B767 2011||Unknown|
- Bruce, Tina.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -127) and index.
- Introduction Chapter 1 Can anyone be creative? Chapter 2 What is creativity? Chapter 3 What is involved in creative learning? Chapter 4 Creating an environment that cultivates creativity Chapter 5 Creating an environment - into the garden Chapter 6 Including everyone - the beginnings of creativity Chapter 7 Cultivating creativity in toddlers Chapter 8 How adults can help creative ideas to be cultivated Chapter 9 Creations Chapter 10 Everyday creativity, specialist creativity and world-shaking creativity.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781444137187 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Promote creativity in children with this respected textbook which explores the journey children take in developing their creativity. Written by a leading expert in creativity, development and learning in young children, this resource links theory and practice to provide a clear framework for this difficult, but vital, aspect of development and learning. Taking a broad conceptualised view of creativity, the author addresses the issue not just in terms of the arts but also the role that creativity has within sciences and humanities. This new edition for use on undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Early Years and Education covers recent and ongoing curriculum, legislative and policy changes that affect teaching in this area. Recent advances in the field are also addressed including, brain research, movement, outdoor learning and individual learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781444137187 20160609
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2004.
- 9781444137187 (pbk.)
- 1444137182 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: