Come on, rain
- by Karen Hesse ; pictures by Jon J. Muth.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Scholastic Press, c1999.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3558 .E797867 C66 1999||Unknown|
- A young girl eagerly awaits a coming rainstorm to bring relief from the oppressive summer heat. "Come on, Rain!" Tess pleads to the sky as listless vines and parched plants droop in the endless heat. Then the clouds roll in and the rain pours. And Tess, her friends, and their mothers join in together in a rain dance to celebrate the shower that renews both body and spirit.
- Rain and rainfall > Fiction.
- Summer > Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters > Fiction.
- African Americans > Fiction.
- African-American girls > Fiction.
- Heat > Fiction.
- Dancing > Fiction.
- Girls > Fiction.
- Rain and rainfall > Juvenile fiction.
- Summer > Juvenile fiction.
- Mothers and daughters > Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans > Juvenile fiction.
- Publication date
- A Junior Library Guild selection.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Hesse, Karen. Come on, rain. 1st ed. New York : Scholastic Press, c1999
- 043906015X (reinforced binding)
- 9780439060158 (reinforced binding)
- 1555928919 (disc)
- 9781555928919 (disc)
Browse related items
Start at call number: