Putting FACES on the data : what great leaders do!
- Sharratt, Lyn.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin Press, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 256 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
LB3051 .S44 2012
- Unknown LB3051 .S44 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-247) and index.
- List of Figures and Tables Foreword by Sir Michael Barber Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. From Information Glut to Well-Known FACES 2. The Power of Putting FACES on the Data 3. Making It Work in Practice -- Assessment 4. Making It Work in Practice -- Instruction 5. Leadership -- Individualizing for Improvement 6. Ownership -- Of All the FACES Epilogue Glossary of Terms Appendix A. Matrix of Scaffolded Learning Using the Gradual-Release-of-Responsibility Model Appendix B. Data Collection Placemat for Research Appendix C. Case Management Template Appendix D.The Teaching-Learning Cycle Appendix E. Weekly Literacy Block Planner Appendix F. Task-Oriented Question Construction Wheel Based on Bloom's Taxonomy Appendix G. Cross-Curricular Literacy Indicators of Success Appendix H. Guiding Questions for Collaborative Team Book Study References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book will show how to personalize that data or put a face on it so that users can implement specific actions for specific students. It will make data more powerful and strategic for real use by keeping it personal. Educational change can be conceptualized as a three-legged stool with Standards-Assessment-Instruction representing the legs. Instruction is the leg that gets too little attention and will be emphasized in this book. This leg of the stool fits closely with 21st century Skills ideas such as Critical Thinking, Collaboration, and Decision-Making.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Lyn Sharratt, Michael Fullan ; Foreword by Sir Michael Barber.
- A Joint Publication With Ontario Principals' Council and Learning Forward.
- 9781452202587 (pbk.)
- 1452202583 (pbk.)