In safe hands : bullying prevention with compassion for all
- Werner, Sheri, 1964-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 142 p. ; 24 cm.
LB3013.3 .W46 2012
- Unknown LB3013.3 .W46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-142).
- Publisher's Summary
- As suicide continues to be one of the leading causes of death among children under the age of fourteen, and as recent bullying statistics report a strong connection between bullying, being bullied, and suicide, it is time for society to set aside its obsession with grade-level benchmarks, test scores, and Blue Ribbon Schools, and instead demand that our students achieve the academic successes they deserve by ensuring that they are educated in schools that are intellectually, socially, and emotionally safe. In Safe Hands: Bullying Prevention With Compassion for All is a hands-on blueprint to helping schools, parents, and the community at large address and solve the problem of bullying. This compelling examination of bullying includes real life examples and activities for implementation. The fact that the program introduced in this book was developed-not in response to the obvious and increasing need for bullying prevention and intervention in schools, but merely as a model of how all schools can educate children in safe educational environments-is what differentiates this book from other bullying prevention books on the market today.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Sheri Werner.
- 9781610488099 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610488091 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610488105 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610488105 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610488112 (electronic)
- 1610488113 (electronic)