Beyond good teaching : advancing mathematics education for ELLs
- edited by Sylvia Celedón-Pattichis and Nora G. Ramirez.
- Reston, VA : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 236 p. : ill ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA11.2 .B494 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- English language learners share a basic need--to engage, and be engaged, in meaningful mathematics. Through guiding principles and instructional tools, together with classroom vignettes and video clips, this book shows how to go beyond good teaching to support ELLs in learning challenging mathematics while developing language skill. Position your students to share the valuable knowledge that they bring to the classroom as they actively build and communicate their understanding. The design of this book is interactive and requires the reader to move back and forth between the chapters and online resources at www.nctm.org/more4u. Occasionally, the reader is asked to stop and reflect before reading further in a chapter. At other times, the reader is asked to view video clips of teaching practices for ELLs or to refer to graphic organizers, observation and analysis protocols, links to resources, and other supplementary materials. The authors encourage the reader to use this resource in professional development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780873536882 20160609
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: