Boolean function complexity : advances and frontiers
- Stasys Jukna.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 617 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Algorithms and combinatorics ; 27.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA267.7 .J85 2012||Unknown|
- Jukna, Stasys, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 591-610) and index.
- Part I Basics.- Part II Communication Complexity.- Part III Circuit Complexity.- Part IV Bounded Depth Circuits.- Part V Branching Programs.- Part VI Fragments of Proof Complexity.- A Epilog.- B Mathematical Background.- References.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642245077 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Boolean circuit complexity is the combinatorics of computer science and involves many intriguing problems that are easy to state and explain, even for the layman. This book is a comprehensive description of basic lower bound arguments, covering many of the gems of this "complexity Waterloo" that have been discovered over the past several decades, right up to results from the last year or two. Many open problems, marked as Research Problems, are mentioned along the way. The problems are mainly of combinatorial flavor but their solutions could have great consequences in circuit complexity and computer science. The book will be of interest to graduate students and researchers in the fields of computer science and discrete mathematics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642245077 20160614
- Publication date
- Algorithms and combinatorics ; 27
- 9783642245077 (hbk.)
- 3642245072 (hbk.)
- 9783642245084 (ebk.)
- 3642245080 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: