Mechanical engineers' handbook. Vol. 4 [electronic resource] : energy and power
- edited by Myer Kutz.
- 3rd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2006.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 1,088 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1: Energy
- Thermophysical Properties of Fluids / Peter E. Liley
- Fluid Mechanics / Reuben M. Olson
- Thermodynamics Fundamentals / Adrian Bejan
- Exergy Analysis, Entropy Generation Minimization, and Constructal Theory / Adrian Bejan
- Heat-Transfer Fundamentals / G. P. Peterson
- Furnaces / Carroll Cone
- Energy Auditing / Carl Blumstein and Peter Kuhn
- Heat Exchangers, Vaporizers, Condensers / Joseph W. Palen
- Heat Pipes / Hongbin Ma
- Air Heating / Richard J. Reed
- Cooling Electronic Equipment / Allan Kraus, Avram Bar-Cohen and Abhay A. Wative
- Refrigeration / Dennis L. O'Neal
- Cryogenic Systems / Leonard A. Wenzel
- Indoor Environmental Control / Jelena Srebric
- Thermal Systems Optimization / Reinhard Radermacher
- Part 2: Power
- Combustion / Eric G. Eddings
- Gaseous Fuels / Richard J. Reed
- Liquid Fossil Fuels from Petroleum / Richard J. Reed
- Coals, Lignite, Peat / James G. Keppeler
- Solar Energy Applications / Jan F. Kreider
- Geothermal Resources and Technology: An Introduction / Peter D. Blair
- Pumps, Fans, Blowers, and Compressors / Keith Marchildon and David Mody
- Nuclear Power / William Kerr and William Updegrove
- Gas Turbines / Harold E. Miller and Todd S. Nemec
- Wind Turbines / Todd S. Nemec
- Steam Turbines / William G. Steltz
- Internal Combustion Engines / Ronald Douglas Matthews
- Fuel Cells / Matthew M. Mench
- Fluid Power Systems / Andrew Alleyne
- Air Pollution Control Technologies / C. A. Miller
- Water Pollution Control Technology / Carl A. Brunner and J. F. Kreissl.
- Publisher's Summary
- Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Third Edition, Four Volume Set provides a single source for all critical information needed by mechanical engineers in the diverse industries and job functions they find themselves. No single engineer can be a specialist in all areas that they are called on to work and the handbook provides a quick guide to specialized areas so that the engineer can know the basics and where to go for further reading.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471449904 20160608
- The updated revision of the bestseller--in a more useful format! Mechanical Engineers' Handbook has a long tradition as a single resource of valuable information related to specialty areas in the diverse industries and job functions in which mechanical engineers work. This Third Edition, the most aggressive revision to date, goes beyond the straight data, formulas, and calculations provided in other handbooks and focuses on authoritative discussions, real-world examples, and insightful analyses while covering more topics than in previous editions. In addition to chapters on thermophysical properties of fluids, fundamentals of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, combustion, and furnaces, Book 4: Energy and Power features coverage of both conventional (gaseous and liquid fuels, coal, and nuclear) and alternative (solar, geothermal, and fuel cells) energy sources, plus chapters on power machinery, refrigeration and cryogenics, environmental issues, and thermal systems optimization. Much of the material in this book is new or extensively revised, including coverage of such topics as: Heat pipes Wind turbines Fuel cells Thermal systems optimization Combustion Fans, blowers, compressors, and pumps Indoor environmental control Fluid power.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471719885 20160608
- This Third Edition of Kutz's handbook is the most aggressive revision undertaken. Because of the widening breadth of subjects covered and specialization required from engineers, it is divided the content beyond the single book to four separate, but related books: "Materials and Mechanical Design", "Electronics/MEMS/Instrumentation and Control", "Manufacturing and Management", and "Energy and Power." Each book is sold separately or in combination with other volumes as the market requires.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471777472 20160608
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Mechanical engineers' handbook. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2006 ( 0471719889 )
- 0471719889 (v. 4 : print ed.)
- 9780471719885 (v. 4 : print ed.)
- 0471777471 (electronic bk.)
- 9780471777472 (electronic bk.)
- 0471449903 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471449904 (cloth : alk. paper)