Mechanical engineers' handbook. Vol. 4 [electronic resource] : energy and power
- 3rd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2006.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xv, 1,088 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1: Energy
- Thermophysical Properties of Fluids / Peter E. Liley
- Fluid Mechanics / Reuben M. Olson
- Thermodynamics Fundamentals / Adrian Bejan
- Exergy Analysis, Entropy Generation Minimization, and Constructal Theory / Adrian Bejan
- Heat-Transfer Fundamentals / G. P. Peterson
- Furnaces / Carroll Cone
- Energy Auditing / Carl Blumstein and Peter Kuhn
- Heat Exchangers, Vaporizers, Condensers / Joseph W. Palen
- Heat Pipes / Hongbin Ma
- Air Heating / Richard J. Reed
- Cooling Electronic Equipment / Allan Kraus, Avram Bar-Cohen and Abhay A. Wative
- Refrigeration / Dennis L. O'Neal
- Cryogenic Systems / Leonard A. Wenzel
- Indoor Environmental Control / Jelena Srebric
- Thermal Systems Optimization / Reinhard Radermacher
- Part 2: Power
- Combustion / Eric G. Eddings
- Gaseous Fuels / Richard J. Reed
- Liquid Fossil Fuels from Petroleum / Richard J. Reed
- Coals, Lignite, Peat / James G. Keppeler
- Solar Energy Applications / Jan F. Kreider
- Geothermal Resources and Technology: An Introduction / Peter D. Blair
- Pumps, Fans, Blowers, and Compressors / Keith Marchildon and David Mody
- Nuclear Power / William Kerr and William Updegrove
- Gas Turbines / Harold E. Miller and Todd S. Nemec
- Wind Turbines / Todd S. Nemec
- Steam Turbines / William G. Steltz
- Internal Combustion Engines / Ronald Douglas Matthews
- Fuel Cells / Matthew M. Mench
- Fluid Power Systems / Andrew Alleyne
- Air Pollution Control Technologies / C. A. Miller
- Water Pollution Control Technology / Carl A. Brunner and J. F. Kreissl.
- Publisher's Summary
- Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Third Edition, Four Volume Set provides a single source for all critical information needed by mechanical engineers in the diverse industries and job functions they find themselves. No single engineer can be a specialist in all areas that they are called on to work and the handbook provides a quick guide to specialized areas so that the engineer can know the basics and where to go for further reading.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- edited by Myer Kutz.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Mechanical engineers' handbook. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2006 0471719889 (DLC) 2005008603
- 0471719889 (v. 4 : print ed.)
- 9780471719885 (v. 4 : print ed.)
- 0471777471 (electronic bk.)
- 9780471777472 (electronic bk.)
- 0471449903 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471449904 (cloth : alk. paper)